发现布莱顿, our famous seaside city that's just a few minutes from campus, officially the happiest city in England for students*.
Life in 布赖顿 - the happiest city in England for students
A sunny seaside city famous for its sense of inclusivity – there can be few better places to be a student than 布赖顿. 动态和国际化, it's a place where you can express yourself and be who you want to be, all just a few minutes from our campus.
布赖顿 is located on England's south coast in the county of East Sussex. It’s only an hour away from Central London by train and 30 minutes from London Gatwick, one of the UK's major international airports.
用黄金城集团的 top ten things to do as a student in 布赖顿 or read about some of 布赖顿's many attractions below.
One of the top-10 city beach destinations in the world (孤独星球), 布莱顿的海滨 is the ideal place to soak up the sun in the summer, or take bracing walks to clear your head on winter days. 沿着舞会你会找到一家咖啡馆és, bars and nightclubs, as well as beach and water sports.
的车道 is a maze of alleyways crammed with quirky boutiques, antique jewellery shops and tempting cafés, 酒吧和餐馆. 北莱恩 has one of the largest selections of independent shops on England's South Coast and is a perfect spot to grab a coffee and watch the world go by.
When the sun goes down 布赖顿 comes into its own. Ranked by students as the top university in the south of England for student nightlife (哪一个? 2016年大学生调查)，布莱顿有一些 全国最棒的夜店之夜, along with fantastic 酒吧, restaurants, independent cinemas and a great live music scene.
音乐是布莱顿的一种生活方式. Walk around the city and you might bump into legends past and present who’ve found a home in this unique location. With an estimated 500 bands in the city, and 每天晚上都有演出, you’re bound to find something for you.
国际ly, the city is known for 的大逃亡, the UK’s leading showcase for new music, featuring hundreds of bands in over 30 venues in a three-day event.
Throughout May the city hosts England’s biggest arts festival. 布莱顿的节日 features theatre, music, art and visual media by leading names from around the world. 一年四季都有戏剧演出, 艺术展览, gigs and 事件 at many of the theatres, 酒吧, 这座城市的博物馆和画廊.
布赖顿 is a hub for the performing arts. Venues range from small theatres above 酒吧 to The Theatre Royal, featuring West End productions.
布莱顿也是 约克公爵影剧院, an art house cinema, which is claimed to be the oldest in the country. There are also two multiplex cinemas in the city.
- 布莱顿的骄傲, the UK’s biggest LGBT pride festival
- 艺术家开放的房子, explore artists’ homes to browse and buy original artwork
- CINECITY, the region’s major celebration of film
布莱顿挤满了 cafés, restaurants and coffee shops. Whether you want to dine in style or 买便宜货, take afternoon tea or try an award-winning curry, you’ll find something to suit your taste and your budget. 布赖顿 also has some of the best vegetarian restaurants in the country.
如果你是运动型的, 或者只是一个旁观者, the city has plenty of opportunities to get involved:
- The Amex Stadium, close to our campus, is home to 布赖顿 and Hove Albion Football Club, newly promoted to the English Premier League for the 2017/18 season
- 看板球 黄金城集团郡板球俱乐部 在附近的抛
- Join 18,000 other runners through the streets of 布赖顿 for the 布赖顿马拉松 - there’s also a half marathon in February
- Ride the London to 布赖顿 Bike Ride, 在30,000 cyclists complete the 50-mile course from the capital to 布赖顿.
The seafront is also a great place to get active, 与海游泳, 帆板运动, 冲浪板, 尾波滑水, 帆船和桨板冲浪.
黄金城集团的校园也非常棒 体育设施 and lots of teams to get involved with.
买点墨西哥街头小吃, try Pan-Asian fine dining or buy ingredients from an Afro-Caribbean or Asian supermarket. 布赖顿's international community and culture means you are never far from home comforts or trying something new.
You can go to a range of 事件 that celebrate 布赖顿's diversity, including:
- CINECITY, which showcases films from all over the globe
- 布莱顿的范围 外籍人士团体, which host formal and informal 事件.
There are also three mosques and an Islamic centre, 天主教和圣公会, 一个佛教中心, 四个犹太教堂, and Greek and Coptic Orthodox churches in 布赖顿 and the local area.
布赖顿 - one of the world’s top 10 destinations on the rise.”Tripadvisor Travellers' Choice Awards 2016
* 93% of students in 布赖顿 say they are ‘very happy’ with their education and city life. This information is taken from the Student Living Survey by 索迪斯. The Student Living Survey is carried out annually by 索迪斯, the 学生住宿 provider. The survey ranks the UK's best university towns and cities and contains information provided by over 2,000 students from 148 higher education institutions.